Don’t know your Abstract Title from your Deeds of Sale? Then use our jargon buster for a simple explanation of all the weird and wonderful phrases affecting your nest.
- NAEA - National Association of Estate Agents
- National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA)
Members are bound by rules of conduct drawn up to protect public interest and are backed by disciplinary procedures. Members must be competent in Estate Agency law, practice and ethics. The NAEA also offers a mediation service. The National Association of Estate Agents, Arbon House, 21 Jury Street, Warwick CV34 4EH.
Tel: 0 1926 496800; www.naea.co.uk
- NALS - National Approved Letting Scheme
- A Government backed scheme for all letting and letting management agents. Defines standards of customer service, and ensures that necessary insurance is in place to protect clients' money. Also has a customer complaints procedure.
- Negative equity
- Negative Equity is when the value of your property in current market value, is worth less than your mortgage, making it hard and expensive to move.